第一集

I am Sharazad, the wife of the king of Persia.

我是波斯国王的妻子沙拉扎德。

I am not the king's first wife.

我不是国王的第一任妻子。

Oh no, he has had hundreds of wives.

哦,不,他有过几百个妻子。

I will explain.

我会解释的。

For years, each and every day, the king would marry a beautiful young woman.

多年来,每天,国王都会娶一个漂亮的年轻女人。

Then, the very next morning, he would order her to be killed.

然后,就在第二天早上,他会下令杀死她。

The people in the kingdom became very angry at this.

王国里的人对此非常生气。

Mothers and fathers cried, and all the young women shook with fear.

母亲和父亲都哭了,所有的年轻女人都吓得发抖。

No one wanted to marry the king.

没有人想嫁给国王。

But, unfortunately, a king may do whatever he wants.

但不幸的是,国王可以为所欲为。

One day, it was my turn, and I became his bride.

有一天,轮到我了,我成了他的新娘。

But, as you can see, I am still alive.

但是,如你所见,我还活着。

On the night of the day we were married, I kissed the king and said,

我们结婚的那天晚上,我吻了国王,说:

Shall I tell you a story to pass the time, sire?

要我给你讲个故事消磨时间吗,陛下?

I love stories., He said.

我喜欢故事。,他说。

So I told him a very good tale full of adventure.

所以我给他讲了一个非常好的充满冒险的故事。

And the king listened all night.

国王听了一整夜。

When I came to the end of the story, the king clapped his hands and said,

当我讲到故事的结尾时,国王拍手说:

Oh, what a fine story.

哦,多好的故事啊。

Please, tell me another one right now.

请现在就告诉我另一个。

Just then, the sun peeked through the window and a rooster crowed.

就在这时,阳光透过窗户照进来,一只公鸡叫了起来。

I am sorry, husband, I said.

对不起,丈夫,我说。

The night is over and there is no time left.

夜晚结束了,没有时间了。

But, if you let me live, tonight I will tell an even better story.

但是,如果你让我活着,今晚我会讲一个更好的故事。

So the king did not kill me that day.

所以国王那天没有杀我。

That night, I told him a very long story.

那天晚上,我给他讲了一个很长的故事。

It was so long that when morning came, I was not finished.

时间太长了,天亮的时候,我还没有完成。

The king had to spare my life again so that he could hear how the story ended.

国王不得不再次饶了我一命,这样他才能听到故事的结局。

So it has gone on night after night.

所以它夜复一夜地进行。

At sunrise, he lets me live another day so he can hear another exciting story.

日出时,他让我多活一天,这样他就可以听到另一个激动人心的故事。

Would you like to hear one of the king's favorite stories?

你想听国王最喜欢的故事之一吗?

Yes?

是的?

Then I will tell you all about Aladdin and his wonderful lamp.

然后我会告诉你关于阿拉丁和他的神灯的一切。

Long ago, a poor tailor lived in a faraway land by a great sea.

很久以前,一个贫穷的裁缝住在海边的一个遥远的地方。

This tailor had a son named Aladdin who wanted to do nothing but play.

这个裁缝有一个叫阿拉丁的儿子,他除了玩耍什么也不想做。

When Aladdin was ten years old, the tailor said,

阿拉丁十岁时,裁缝说:

Son, you must learn a trade.

儿子,你必须学会一门手艺。

I will teach you to be a tailor like me.

我会教你像我一样成为裁缝。

I don't want to work!

我不想工作!

Aladdin grumbled.

阿拉丁抱怨道。

Every time the tailor turned his back,

每次裁缝转过身去,

Aladdin would run out the door to play.

阿拉丁会跑出门去玩。

Come back!

回来!

The tailor called, but the boy would not obey.

裁缝叫,但男孩不肯服从。

Aladdin's father was so sad that he became ill.

阿拉丁的父亲非常伤心,病了。

He soon died of a broken heart.

他不久就死于心碎。

Aladdin and his mother were alone in the world.

阿拉丁和他的母亲在这个世界上是孤独的。

All day I spin yarn so I can buy bread,

我整天纺纱,这样我就可以买面包了,

sighed his mother, who was named Ziba.

名叫紫芭的母亲叹了口气。

You play all day.

你整天都在玩。

You come home only when you are hungry.

你只有在饿的时候才回家。

And that is how things remained until Aladdin was seventeen years old.

事情就是这样一直持续到阿拉丁十七岁。

That year, a stranger named Magritte came to the city.

那一年,一个名叫马格里特的陌生人来到这座城市。

Nobody knew that Magritte was a magician.

没有人知道马格里特是个魔术师。

That was his secret.

这是他的秘密。

One day, Magritte was watching the children who played in the streets.

一天,马格里特看着在街上玩耍的孩子们。

His pale eyes shone beneath the hood of his dusty robe.

他苍白的眼睛在他尘土飞扬的长袍兜帽下闪闪发光。

He pointed to Aladdin.

他指着阿拉丁。

Who is that boy?

那个男孩是谁?

He whispered to a nearby child.

他低声对附近的一个孩子说。

Who is his father?

谁是他的父亲?

That's Aladdin, the child said.

那是阿拉丁,孩子说。

He's the tailor's son.

他是裁缝的儿子。

Magritte asked many questions.

马格里特问了很多问题。

He learned everything about Aladdin.

他了解了阿拉丁的一切。

Then he smiled.

然后他笑了。

My search is over, said the magician.

我的搜索结束了,魔术师说。

I have found him.

我已经找到他了。

Little Fox

小狐狸

Little Fox

小狐狸

Little Fox

小狐狸

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox

Little Fox